Thursday, December 30, 2010

Squirrel!

Don't you love how He embraces us? I feel so dirty, yucky, ...totally unworthy. But every time, EVERY time, He swoops in..like that mighty Warrior on the White Steed that He is, and sweeps me off my feet! He holds me as if I never did anything to offend or hurt Him. It's so amazing. And I know that it is only by Christ's blood. Thank you Jesus. Thank you, thank you.

My brain needs to be overtaken.. I say this because if you hand me anything-this blog, age, school, family, friends, anything-all things seem to take me to this thought about the quickness of time. My brain becomes overwhelmed and I just can't understand or contain this knowledge. I feel that I can't commit or there is not time to commit to things, to people. Life just keeps running and I can't keep up. I need His mind, His knowledge, His discernment. Ultimately, I need His Spirit! The blessed gift is, I have it..I have HIM. Amazing. Now, the same struggle is to surrender..completely. To die to myself..not just in the spiritual-sounding way...no, I mean it. I am ready to die to self and all its hang ups and screw ups. I want Him. I want His life. And He is there...He is there.

My struggle these past 2 months has been DISTRACTION. Ug. I want to write about this because maybe some random soul might be led to this post and have some great perspective to share..iron sharpens iron.

I get easily distracted.. school, tv, future, worry, food, image,..._________add word. Tons of things distract me. The Lord has really challenged me to rid my life of many things that are obvious distractions for me... sometimes even these things are hard to let go of. School gets so busy that I spend all of my time not only doing things for school...but THINKING about it. That is where I take it back to needing the mind of Christ and the indwelling Spirit!

I desperately want Him.. I need Him. My Maker is my Husband (Is. 54:5) and it is NATURAL to desire Him. How do I so strongly desire Him and then turn and easily become unfaithful in my devotion? I get distracted by the first "shiny" thing that passes in front of me. I am like the dog on the movie "Up", I am totally in love with and consumed by my Master, and suddenly my whole focus and attention is turned to the "Squirrel!" that I sense. How do I become a woman so enraptured by my King that I couldn't care an ounce for the things of this world?

Any ideas?

On another note, how is 2011 to be spent? At the feet of Christ. <3

1 comment:

  1. Sari,

    I love the Scriptures you put at the top of your blog. Most of them are close to my heart... Beautiful - the more you read them to more beautiful they become! :)

    His love is unbelievable... And in light of it, what more can we do than forgive others in the same way? I NEVER want to forget that!

    Distraction comes so easily. But HE hears a cry for help like this! Because it's coming from your heart He WILL make you strong.
    In times like this I repeat over and over in my head, "Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things." (Col.3:2) ...Don't give up!

    Praying for you! :)
    Salome

    ReplyDelete