Sunday, October 7, 2012

"The Lord works in mysterious ways..."



Such a typical thing to say. It is such a common, overused phrase in my culture. Many times people say it and are completely sincere-they truly believe it. Other times, people say it to appease themselves or someone else-to provide comfort during a trial or struggle. But there a million reasons I could share with you to say that it is a phrase that is TRUE. The Lord of the universe, the King of all kings, does things that will just blow your mind. Sure does mine. He does things that will confound the wise but make the simplest person feel loved and valued and cherished. He does things that will knock your socks off. He will do things that make you feel completely overwhelmed with how huge He is, how mighty and majestic He is but at the very same time feel so completely humbled that He would care for a simple girl like you, or even realize that He could care so deeply about a simple, small part of a simple, small life. Wow. He truly works in mysterious, amazing, beautiful, unfathomable ways. I can't understand it most times. All I know is that I can lay my head down on my pillow and remember His promises.


  • He will never EVER leave me or forsake me.
  • His loves ENDURES forever.
  • He truly is UNCHANGING.
  • He is TRANSFORMING me into His perfect likeness even though I am still so far off.
  • He is FAITHFUL and JUST.
  • He made me for HIMSELF.
  • He KNOWS it all.
  • He LOVES me anyway.
I know this blog probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense because I am speaking in general, but I hope it reaches into your evening, into your heart and mind, and touches the deepest part of your soul-to remind you or maybe to tell you for the first time ever, that you are on His mind, on His heart and that He will "tax the remotest star and the last grain of sand" to show you how much He LOVES you and KNOWS you and WANTS you for Himself. Yes, in mysterious, magical, glorious ways.

Yes, it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment