Monday, May 24, 2010

Open and Closed Doors

My Sweet Lord and King has been opening a lot of doors that He had previously closed. I mentioned this on one of my last posts... I guess He was closing them temporarily, not permanently. I pray that He would always step in the way of anything or anyone that I am allow to get in His way in my life.. He gives and takes away. Blessed be His name!

I so desire to have a gentle and quiet spirit.. to be a woman that honors, reveres, respects, loves, blesses, and rejoices in Him and His heart each day. I have SUCH a long way to go.. but that's the grace of His love, He is so very patient and faithful to me..He is conforming me into His image.. He walks with me through this dirty but beautiful world. I desire to moment by moment put to death my flesh, my sinful nature. I just want Him to live through me... to go to any lengths to speak His name and not my own. It's such a struggle sometimes...there are some moments where all I want to do is scream ME, MY, I... even for worthless, meaningless things. What is up with that? But that's the beauty of having the Holy Spirit, He gives me strength and self-control. He reminds me of how insignificant I am to this world, that my worth does not come from recognition...and that to Him, how SIGNIFICANT AND VALUABLE I am to Him! How blessed am I?! I can't fathom this love I get to enjoy!

I really like blogging but I sit down and feel that the same thing comes out...how much I need JESUS! Oh well, I pray someone will be blessed by reading this!

No comments:

Post a Comment