Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer Smiles

I changed my blogger look! Yay :) I was looking all over the place for the instructions about how to do this..it wasn't easy. Then I found this: just log in at http://draft.blogger.com/ and there is an awesome template maker! I've been really into the pretty designs in black and white, just an insignificant fact! Ha!

The fact that it is summer is starting to hit me.. I have been out of classes for 2 weeks already but I was still working and keeping busy so it didn't feel like it really. The very last day of work, I got sick with this icky stomach bug that has been floating around. So I felt pretty out of it for a few days..everything blurred together because I pretty much laid in bed and watched either law shows or Deadliest Catch. But I did feel good enough to go out and spend some time out in the country! :) We had a little picnic and bbq'd hotdogs. It was awesome!

These were some of the views I was admiring while trying to take a siesta! This is one of my favorite places to be, the Lord wired me that way! Under the pine trees and blue sky, with nothing but the Lover of my soul, my familia and the sweet, sweet sound of the wind blowing through the trees!











I also went today to work on the Curriculum Task Force! Cute and funny name :) My professor, Dr. Martini, invited me to be a part of this... we are editing some lesson plans that we developed. She is a sweet, cute lady with more spunk than I have seen in a long time! She is so motivated and driven :) It's really refreshing! She is funny-pretty much looking out for our futures by wanting us to present our work and always talking about publishing our work and stuff. She's a hoot! But seriously, I appreciate her faith in us, it is encouraging. :) Although I am not keen on presentations and such, I am enjoying working closely with her. She has a wealth of knowledge about children that I'd love to tap into! That little bit of time I saw her today got me a little more geared up to start my summer course tomorrow. I also received my 475 PAGE textbook! O_o Yikes! It's a 3 week class! Ha :)

So these are all little things that the Lord has taken me to... significant? I'd say so... He is behind it, I have faith that this is true. He is the only One who could orchestrate these things! Praise to You Jesus, I am not worthy. May people just see Him in me. That's my prayer.

And lastly, I shot this cute picture of 2 of our pups earlier today! Rhiley was given Lucy a sweet little bath and cuddling with her! :) I love them!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the new look of your blog!!! I just love those black and white designs, too! And some pink thrown in there makes it even better... ;)
    Those are beautiful pictures, and the puppies are just ADORABLE! Aww...! Three years ago, my hamster had babies, too, and I remember how I LOVED having them - I just could have eaten them up! :)
    This sounds like a great summer class! Get as much out of it as you can!
    ...It's funny how I usually just love my classes! All that stuff is so interesting and I don't like missing a class... People might be thinking I'm weird because every time someone asks me about school I reply, oh, it's going great, I just love it! Haha... :) But it's true! The Lord put this joy in my heart and I know I'm at the right place right now. Even though some things I wouldn't do if I didn't have to (e.g. writing papers - and we got LOTS of papers to write all the time!), I trust Him that He is going to use what I'm learning and doing in my studies for His plan for my life... And right now I'm learning to do EVERYTHING (even those papers) for His glory. To work for school in a way that honors Him.
    ...And that's why I'm going to study for my exam next week now!! ;)
    Yeah, I'm learning... Slowly... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salome,

    I'm sorry I went so long without blogging and I ended up missing so many of your comments. I did read them but now as I look back, apparently I never answered them!

    The Lord has really taught me a lot through school...that same lesson you talked about in your comment. How to do (what I call a silly) paper or project for His glory! My biggest problem is my attitude and my time management. I waste so much time! But He is working that out in His way...I have to keep trusting and keep obeying! :)

    And I also trust Him that He will use all the I experience and learn for His plan in my life! I just know He has big things for us :) I'm very excited to get there when we do :)

    ReplyDelete